In the experience economy, 641 million consumers in Southeast Asia are in the driver’s seat like never before. Customer experience matters. Certain studies show that 76% of Southeast Asian customers switch brands after just 1 bad customer experience. The key to success in the experience economy is an intelligent suite for core applications, experience management solutions, and a secure digital platform that unites experience (X) and operational (O) data and processes.
At today’s SAP ‘Experience: An Intelligent Enterprise Conference’, leading business leaders from Southeast Asia will speak about how they are investing in these technologies and taking the lead in their respective industries towards becoming intelligent enterprises to win in the experience economy.
Zuellig Pharma, one of the largest healthcare services groups in Asia serving more than 350,000 medical facilities across 13 markets, highlighted how they are furthering their purpose to make healthcare more accessible by harnessing blockchain technology to address counterfeit medicine, cross-border trading and product recalls. The team leveraged SAP Cloud Platform Integration Suite to facilitate coordination across the healthcare supply chain. As part of its digital transformation, Zuellig Pharma also migrated to SAP HANA on Azure to gain access to broader capabilities including the immediate modernisation of multiple apps and real-time data-driven insights.
City Mart Holdings (CMHL), an icon of Myanmar’s retail industry with over 200 stores and 8500 employees, chose SAP S/4HANA to enhance its operational capabilities and streamline processes for real-time business decisions. As CMHL operates various types of retail business, from supermarkets to pharmacies, bookstores, baby stores and food and beverage shops, it also uses SAP’s C/4 HANA to integrate their back office to their front office to support a unified customer experience.
Claus Andresen, President and Managing Director for SAP Southeast Asia (main pic) said, “SAP is uniquely positioned to help businesses deliver winning experiences with best-in-class business software. We are pleased to work closely with customers to transform businesses in Southeast Asia into intelligent enterprises to drive economic growth and master the experience economy.” He added, “These customers are front-runners in their respective industries and understand how having a better and unified experience for customers, employees, and decision makers is crucial for long-term sustainable growth.”
Several business customers at the event also shared their intelligent enterprise journey:
- Troo, a life insurance joint venture of Belgium’s largest insurer Ageas and one of the Philippines’ largest banks, East West Bank, aims to be an approachable company offering simple and flexible insurance options customized for the needs and lifestyles of today.
- Sarawak Energy, one of the leading hydroelectric energy producers in Southeast Asia, runs advanced analytics across its fleet of vehicles, reducing costs while improving efficiency and safety. The company also runs on SAP S/4HANA and SAP C/4HANA to drive operational efficiency and enhance customer engagement.
- Ananda Development is Thailand’s largest real estate company serving the country with various developments such as condominiums, houses and townhouses. The company selected SAP Ariba for its procurement and integration into their back office as well as SAP SuccessFactors for employee management. It also uses Qualtrics for experience management.
- JustCo, is Asia’s leading co-working company, and the only Asian-based operator to have multi-city presence in Asia. Headquartered in Singapore, JustCo is focused on putting people, both internal and external, at the heart of what they do. The company embarked on a journey to empower a dynamic workforce with SAP SuccessFactors and Qualtrics for employee experience management.
- National University of Singapore, Singapore’s flagship university which offers a global approach to education and research, has digitally transformed its HR processes with SAP Success Factors to provide better employee experiences.
In Southeast Asia, SAP is delivering an intelligent enterprise vision to close the experience gap, unlocking new sources of growth and helping businesses in the region lead by setting the pace for their respective industries.